Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake

The other day I and the rest of the Pinterest community fell in love with something called 
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake


Now, we all drooled over this picture. Don't lie, I just saw you drool too. It was something I knew I had to try and see if I could make. 

Now this is the part in the story where we really, really regret not paying attention in high school chemistry when learning about conversions. AND this is the part where we curse America for not measuring the way that the rest of the world does. Take a look at the ingredients yourself:



Anyways, so if you want to make this bad boy, you will need one of these life saving tools:


I converted the DL amounts to ML amounts since that is traditionally what we have. 

And the rest I just estimated as closely as I could while still keeping it easy for you. 

The biggest problem is that in America we usually measure all things in cups, while in this recipe they used grams and deciliters, which don't always easily convert. 

So here we go...

Ingredients Revamped:
Crust
*2 1/2 C crushed oreos
*7 1/2 TBSP melted butter

Cheesecake 
*2 AND slightly more than 1/2 packs cream cheese
*1 can sweetened condensed milk (396 g)
*50 ML sugar (that is about 3 1/2 g)
* 4-5 TBSP lemon juice.
*2 TSP vanilla extract
*3 large eggs
* 1/3 pack of dark chocolate (see note)

Ganache
*1/3 pack of dark chocolate (or 100 g)
*100 ML heavy cream

For the preparation, follow the rest of the instructions on Call Me Cupcake.

P.S. You can't skip on the ganache!!! I just used ready-made for the caramel part and it was totally fine. But there is just something heavenly about the texture and taste of chocolate ganache that no store can emulate. 


(Note: I used semi-sweet. The recipe calls for 100 g. and a pack of chocolate chips is around 300 g, so I just eyed it.)


Oh sweet gloriousness!!! 
Add crushed nuts at the top that have been slightly broiled.
  In the original recipe it calls for roasted whole pecans, but I prefer them crushed. 
Can I eat the entire thing in one sitting? Would that be wrong? 

I am not ashamed to say I ate this slice for breakfast. 
OK, maybe a little ashamed. 
But this is a no-judging zone. 






3 comments:

  1. Love the blog! That looks yuuuuuummmmmm! I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly, that looks so incredibly delicious. And thank you for doing the converting for the rest of us! Lastly, I find it humorous that the font you chose for your text totally looks like your handwriting from middle school. :)

    I miss you and hope your life is filled with joy and LOTS of goodies like this.

    -Valorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious!

    P.S you have officially been added to my blog list, can't wait to read more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete